How Do I Obtain CEUs?
The AHA offers continuing medical education (CME) or continuing education (CE) credits for some of its CPR and ECC courses, and CME/CE may also be offered for live events. Whether you have completed a CPR & First Aid training course in-person or online, or if you have attended an AHA event for which there are credits available, use the information below to claim and obtain your CME/CE certificate.
Currently, AHA CE/CME is available for the following courses.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – for EMS Students
ACLS for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) – for EMS Students
Basic Life Support (BLS) – for EMS Students
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – for EMS Students
Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS®) – for EMS Students
Blended Learning Courses
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Online
Heartsaver CPR AED Online
Heartsaver First Aid Online
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
Achieving Accuracy: BP Measurement
If you completed your AHA course online, you can claim your CME/CE credits on the site where you completed the course. CE credits can only be claimed once all components of the online course are complete.
Once logged in, on the upper right of your screen under your name, you will see “MY eLEARNING.”
Select the “My Courses” option from the My eLEARNING dropdown.
Once on the My Courses page, select the “Completed Courses” tab, and look under the “CME/CE Credits” column. Note: To claim CME/CE, you need to have fully completed the online portion of the course, including the evaluation. Once completed, the course will appear in “Completed Courses.”
Follow the steps to download or complete information to claim your CME/CE credit.
If you attended a live ECC event or session for which Physician, Nursing, or EMS Continuing Education credits are available, you are strongly encouraged to claim your CME/CE credit within 30 days of the conference. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Access http://learn.heart.org.
2. Select Course Catalog.
3. Register for an activity.
a. Utilize the search fields in the upper right-hand corner.
1. Select the activity type (All, Live, or Online).
2. Enter a partial activity name or keyword.
3. Enter the activity location address, city, or zip for live activities.
4. Select the magnifying glass icon.
5. Select Register for the selected activity.
b. Select Register.
c. Enter your Username and Password, and select Sign In.
1. If you do not remember your Username or Password, select the Forgot password? link.
2. If you are not a registered user, select Create an account to enter your account information and receive your Username and Password.
d. You may be prompted to enter additional registration information.
e. Enter the access code provided at the end of the session in the Access Code field.
f. Select Submit to complete the enrollment.
4. Once enrolled, the activity completion pathway automatically displays.
5. Review the Activity Overview tab, scroll to bottom and select Continue.
a. You may be required to check a confirmation box that you have read the information.
6. Select the Launch button to complete an evaluation on the course. This step is required to claim credit. Once complete, select Continue.
7. Claim your credit by selecting the Claim button for the appropriate accreditation.
a. You may qualify for more than one credit type based on your user profile.
b. ACCME, ANCC, and CAPCE allow claiming of variable credit. You will be given the option to claim all or part of the activity credit if applicable to your user profile.
8. Select Continue to generate your certificate.
9. Select the certificate link to print or save it.
10. Select Close. The activity is stored under Completed Activities.
I attended a different event through AHA for which Continuing Education credit is available:
If you are looking for Continuing Education credits from a non-ECC event, please visit the Lifelong Learning site and visit the calendar of events for information on the event you attended.
For customer support please contact our National Engagement Center at 1-888-242-2453 (Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM CST, Friday 8AM-12PM CST) or email email@example.com.
Please note: ALL information on this FAQ page came directly from the AHA Website. Please refer to the AHA for the most up-to-date information.